Bubbling indigo, scarlet mushrooms and crafted looms
Stained fingers dipping into foggy lake water
A moment of dyeing, boiling, weaving
Twisting the pH of a vaporous cauldron
It’s a witching hour
Witching Hour: Textile Retreat is a three day, two night intensive workshop on natural dyes. Ranging from foraging mushrooms, and understanding the nuance of indigo, to individualized explorations of weaving and tapestry looms, this comprehensive retreat instills the balance, wisdom and magic of natural textiles.
The cost of the three day retreat is $250, and it includes:
– A three day stay at the serene, lakeside Moonshadow Cabin; three bedrooms, electricity, potable water, shower, wood burning stove
– Delicious meals included (vegetarian), plus tea and snacks
– Three workshops: Mushroom Dyeing, Indigo Dyeing and Hand Tapestry Weaving
– A tapestry loom of your own to take home
– A variety of natural materials/fibres (encouraged byo fibre)
– A hand made, naturally dyed tapestry of your making
– A small sketchbook of your notes and samples from the lessons
For entry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
-A paragraph (about 100 words) on why you’re interested in this retreat, and a bit about yourself
-2 to 5 images of past work (not limited to or requiring textile work)
All submissions are due by June 25th!
On August 1st participants will be notified, and payment is due on August 15th.